Council 14895 Newsletter for May 2023
Please mark your calendar with the activities below and Volunteer!
FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY let us all take the time to say a prayer for our fellow Knights and parishioners that are fighting personal and medical challenges. Seek the intercession of Blessed Fr. Michael J. McGivney. We should also always remember to give thanks for prayers that are answered!
This month, we lost a faithful longtime member of our Council. Arnie Wagner passed away on May 15th. Please remember him and his family in your prayers.
Our beloved Worthy Chaplain, Fr. Jayaraju Bandari is on vacation back in India until the end of the month. We wish him a safe and blessed journey and look forward to seeing him again in June. God Bless You Fr. Jayaraju!!
- Recent Activities:
- Knight of the Month for May was selected as Nick Prather.
- Knight Family of the Month for May was selected as Bill and Barbara Hendrickson.
- The St. Joseph MVP Dinner was held Thursday, May 4th . Our Council is a major sponsor of this annual event. We had strong showing of Knights from our Council as well as from neighboring councils. Knights in Action!
- The annual Mary’s Way dinner was Thursday, May 11th. Several Knights showed up to support the women of our parish by performing serving and cleanup duties. Knights in Action!
- The KofC State Convention was held the weekend of May 5-7. Our council was represented by Grand Knight Bob Calliotte and Deputy Grand Knight Frank Short. Among the important topics discussed was the Eucharistic Congress scheduled for July 2024 here in Indianapolis.
- Parish Breakfast. Our most recent Parish Breakfast was held Sunday, April 30th in the parish cafeteria. Once again, we had a strong showing of volunteers as well as parishioners eager for a good breakfast! Knights in Action!
- The Baby Bottle Program launched the weekend of April 29-30 and ended the weekend of May 20-21. This program is part of the ASAP (Aid and Support After Pregnancy) initiative promoted by Supreme and involves a grant of matching funds for monies collected for the Women’s Care Center. The program at St. Luke is a joint effort between St. Luke Right to Life and our Council. If you still have your baby bottle, please turn it in to the parish office.
We need to re-use the bottles for the next campaign!
- Upcoming Activities:
- An Exemplification night is scheduled for Monday, June 5th at 7:00pm with social time beginning at 6:30pm. We will use the online exemplification coupled with food and refreshments. A great opportunity to bring in new members as well as existing members needing their 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd degrees. Invitations have gone out to prospects as well as to online members and existing members needing their 3rd degree. All are welcome, but you MUST rsvp to Bob Calliotte by email (Calliotte.[email protected]) or text (317-910-5592) no later than June 2nd.
- The Special Olympics Summer Games are returning to the campuses of Indiana State University and Rose Hulman. The dates are this June 9th, 10th, and 11th. If you and/or your family wish to volunteer, please register online at: https://soi2023summergames.my- trs.com
- The first reading of the Slate of Officers for 2023-2024 was held at the May 3rd meeting. The second reading and election will be at the June 1st. The slate of officers is as follows:
- o Grand Knight - Joe Cahill
o Deputy Grand - Knight Frank Short
o Advocate - Dave Orlando
o Chancellor - Al Capuano
o Inside Guard - George Clift
o Outside Guard - Bill Hendrickson
o Recorder - Nick Prather
o Treasurer - Andy Gzibovskis
o Trustee (1st Year) - Bob Calliotte
o Trustee (2nd Year ) - Victor Melchiorre
o Trustee (3rd Year) - Nick Jose
o Warden - Jon Sturgill
o Chaplain - Fr. Jayaraju Bandari (Appointed Position)
o Financial Secretary - Dave Fink (Appointed Position0
- The Knights are responsible for helping out at the first parish Hot Dog Night scheduled for Wednesday, June 14th. John Koke will send a signup email before then.
- Our Council is co-sponsoring a St. Luke Parish Young Adult fellowship evening here at St. Luke on Saturday, June 24th. We are responsible for the food and grilling. Will need multiple people to help out with event. We will have a recruitment table set up so as to try and attract the young men into joining. John Koke is spearheading this event. Please reach out to him if you can help.
- o Grand Knight - Joe Cahill
- Our June meeting dates are:
- General Business Meeting = Thursday, June 1st at 7:00pm (fellowship at 6:30pm)
- Officers Meeting = Thursday, June 15th at 7:00pm