Please mark your calendar with the activities below and Volunteer!
FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, let us all take the time to say a prayer for our fellow Knights and parishioners that are fighting illnesses and other medical challenges. Seek the intercession of Blessed Fr. Michael J. McGivney. We should also always remember to give Thanks for prayers that are answered! In particular, please pray for complete recovery for Nick Jose, Mike Hirsch, and Msgr. Schaedel.
- **Special** Monthly General Membership Meeting: Thursday, February 2nd. The February meeting will be held in the School Cafeteria so that everyone in attendance will be able to sample the baked fish, rice, and Macaroni & Cheese dishes that will be on the menu at the Lenten Fish Fries.
- Annual Dues: It is that time of year again when we must pay our annual dues to the Council. You should have received your bill in the mail by now. If you did not get the bill, then please reach out to Financial Secretary Dave Fink at [email protected] or
(317) 506-5679. Did you know that when you don’t pay your dues, you represent a financial burden to the Council? The Council must pay approximately $15 per member on the roster as a per capita fee to the State Council. That money should be offset by your dues rather than coming out of our operations and charitable budgets. Please pay your dues promptly, including any that are in arrears! If you are financially strapped and unable to pay your dues, please confidentially reach out to either me or Dave Fink.
- Corporate Communion Mass is scheduled for Sunday, February 19th at the 11:30am mass. Please attend this mass and wear a yellow sash so the congregation can see a visual representation of our Council!
- *** Dedication of the Blessed Fr. Michael J. McGivney Room*** will be done at the end of the February 19th Corporate Communion mass. We will present a Check to Msgr. Schaedel, Fr. Jayaraju and key Parish Leaders as gratitude for this great gift of “home” for our Council. More on this will come out in an email. Put it on your Calendar now!
- Monthly Officers Meeting: Thursday, February 16th. The meeting starts promptly at 7:00pm in the Blessed Fr. Michael J. McGivney room.
- Lenten Fish Frys are scheduled for Friday, February 24th and Friday, March 3rd. Nick Beckman is the lead on these two important fund raisers. When you receive the email with the link to volunteer, please don’t hesitate… sign up early so that the FF committee knows who to expect and for which duties.
- Basketball Free Throw Contest was held on Saturday, January 14th from 9 to 11 am in the St. Luke gym. Boys and Girls aged 9 to 14 competed to see how many free throws they could make out of ten attempts. Winners in each age group now move on to compete against other kids in the area at a later date. Many thanks to Jon Sturgill for organizing this event and to Frank Short for his assistance at the event. Knights in Action!
- Luke Retired Men’s Group hosted a presentation on January 19th on the Knights of Columbus by Al Capuano and Bob Calliotte. The 40 minute presentation covered the history of the KofC and the principles we stand for. Knights in Action!
- Our January Knight of the Month is John Koke for all the work he puts in organizing our multitude of activities. KNIGHTS IN ACTION! Thank you John!
- Our January Knight’s Family of the Month is the Igor and Maria Gedjos Family. Igor and Maria and their children are active parishioners and frequently assist in Knights activities. Many thanks to the Gedjos Family for their support of the Knights of Columbus. KNIGHTS IN ACTION!
- The campaign to raise funds toward the new meeting space named after Blessed Father McGivney has reached the final phase. We have enough for the initial donation to the parish but must raise the final amount toward our goal of $20,000 so we can make the needed appointments to the room. Please consider donating to this cause which will finally give a permanent home to our Council and raise awareness of Blessed Father McGivney and the works of our Knights of Columbus Council.
- SAFE PARISH – The Archdiocese of Indianapolis has implemented a new youth safety program called SAFE PARISH. It replaces SAFE & SACRED. All individuals that work with youth are required to complete the SAFE PARISH certification…even if they completed SAFE & SACRED and/or the Knights of Columbus’ SAFE ENVIRONMENT certification.
Bob Calliotte, Grand Knight