Brother Knights, at our General Meeting Thursday, December 6th, we covered some important and exciting items. Many thanks to everyone that chose to brave the weather to attend our last council meeting of 2018. Here are a few things to be aware of:
1) Recently deceased brother Knight, Ken Corbett, was remembered. In a related matter, it was noted that the Knights of Columbus has been supportive of Ken’s wife Judy and family, including real support in putting affairs in order by our Field Agent, Glen Adams. Knights in Action!
2) We approved the payout of charitable donations as recommended by your officers.
3) The Knights dinner in November was a success and all that attended shared stories. Be sure to see the pictures on our St. Luke Council website.
4) Annual dues have been mailed to everyone. If you did not get yours, be sure to contact Ed Cummins or send a message to the webmaster. Please note that, for the first time, you have the option of paying online through our St. Luke website. Be sure to include your donation to the SOS, Gibault, and Bocce Court funds as well.
5) Upcoming events to participate in:
a. Consecration to the Holy Family, Sunday, December 30th
b. Parish Breakfast, Sunday, January 13th
c. Youth Basketball Free-Throw contest, January 19th
6) Al Capuano has sent out a plea for help to assist in moving the dirt pile from next to the bocce courts to locations on the St. Luke campus that can use the fill dirt.
7) Nick Jose introduced the Giving Tree needs for the Little Sisters of the Poor. Please choose from a) HP85A Printer Toner, Highlighter pens, plastic spoons/forks/knives, paper cups/paper small/dinner plates, body wash for sensitive skin, and Kleenex tissue. Drop your donation off to the Little Sisters of the Pooer at the St. Augustine Home located at 2345 W. 86th, Indianapolis, IN 46260.
Finally, please note that our next general membership meeting is Thursday, January 3, 2019. I would like to see as many of you as possible!
Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It is my wish that each of you find a closer relationship with Jesus, Our Lord, and his most Holy Family.
Bob Calliotte, GK