Council 14895 Newsletter for November 2022
Please mark your calendar with the activities below and Volunteer!
- December Monthly General Membership Meeting CANCELLED: The normal monthly business meeting which would have been held Thursday, December 1st has been replaced by a Fraternal Benefit night at the Northside Events and Social Club.
- Parish Breakfast: Sunday, December 11th. Many volunteers are needed. Please sign up to help out at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044BACA822A4FF2-stluke. We need a strong turnout of helpers as well as guests, so bring your family and tell your friends!
- Monthly Officers Meeting: Thursday, December 15th. The meeting starts promptly at 7:00pm.
- Coats for Kids distribution: Once again, our council is donating coats for the kids of Holy Angels School. We don’t as yet have the distribution date, but volunteers will be needed, so please consider helping out when the notice is given.
- Recruitment Night and Dinner At The Rectory: Held Monday, November 7th, the evening was a wonderful success! With over 30 people in attendance, we had seven prospects and one new member show up. Many thanks to everyone involved in pulling this off, but especially Deputy Grand Knight Frank Short for his above and beyond effort to get the food donated by Harry and Izzy’s and other arrangements.
- Knights Mass: Sunday, November 20th at the 9:30am Mass. This was one of the strongest showings of Knights in attendance in a while. By my count, we had at least 12 Knights wear sashes and several more at the mass. We were recognized during mass by both our Council Chaplain Fr. Bandari as well as by Msgr. Schaedel. Knights in Action!
- Our November Knight of the Month is Frank Loughery for his devotion to serving our Parish as the Interim Parish Manager. KNIGHTS IN ACTION! Thank you Frank!
- Our November Knights Family of the Month is Bill and Barb Hendrickson. Many thanks to Bill and Barb for their dedication to our Council and to our parish. KNIGHTS IN ACTION! Thank you Bill and Barb!
- As you complete your Parish Stewardship cards, please consider becoming a Minister of Hospitality. We need more people on the schedule for this important parish ministry!
- The campaign to raise funds to have the new meeting space named after Blessed Father McGivney has begun. A mailing will be going out soon asking for your support. Please consider donating to this cause which will finally give a permanent home to our Council and raise awareness of Blessed Father McGivney and the works of our Knights of Columbus Council.
- SAFE PARISH – The Archdiocese of Indianapolis has implemented a new youth safety program called SAFE PARISH. It replaces SAFE & SACRED. All individuals that work with youth are required to complete the SAFE PARISH certification…even if they completed SAFE & SACRED and/or the Knights of Columbus’ SAFE ENVIRONMENT certification.
St. Luke Council 14895