Please mark your calendar with the activities below and Volunteer!
- 40 Days For Life Prayer Vigil: This important prayer vigil in front of Planned Parenthood on North Georgetown Road is ongoing until November 6th. Please consider spending an hour praying for an end to abortion. You view available hours at https://www.40daysforlife.com/en/vigil-hours-signup.aspx?l_id=518
- Monthly General Membership Meeting: Thursday, November 3rd. Fellowship at 6:30pm followed by Rosary and the business meeting starting at 7:00pm in the Blessed Father McGivney room of the new wing of the church. (Note this new location for our meetings going forward!)
- Recruitment Night and Dinner At The Rectory: Monday, November 7th at 7:00pm. This evening is our primary recruiting event. Emails have been sent out to eligible men of the Parish inviting them to attend the evening and learn more about we do and who we are. It is also open to everyone who is a current dues-paying member. SPACE IS LIMITED, so be sure to let me or Frank Short know if you plan on attending!
- Monthly Officers Meeting: Thursday, November 17th The meeting starts promptly at 7:00pm.
- Knights Mass: Sunday, November 20th at the 9:30am Mass. Attend this mass, wear a yellow sash and represent your Council to the rest of the parish!
- Eucharistic Procession: On September 27th, as part of the monthly Vocations Mass and the anniversary of our parish Adoration Chapel, representatives of our Council carried the canopy for the Eucharistic Procession around the Church for Msgr. Schaedel. Knights in Action!
- Parish Breakfast: On Sunday, October 2nd, our Council sponsored another parish breakfast that came out a great success! With 26 volunteers, including two young men, we able to make a net profit for charitable giving and enjoyed a morning of fellowship with parishioners and special guests. Knights in Action!
- Knights Serving Sisters: After receiving an appeal for assistance from our Sisters at St. Luke, two of our Knights drove up to Mishawaka on Tuesday, October 4th, picked up 4 pews being donated by a convent up there and then drove them to the Sisters home in Southport for their Chapel. Knights in Action!
- Our October Knight of the Month is Ken Larkey for his devotion to making our Parish Breakfast a great success. KNIGHTS IN ACTION! Thank you Ken!
- Our October Knights Family of the Month is Nick and Ellen Jose. Many thanks to Nick and Ellen for their dedication to our Council and to promoting religious education in our parish. KNIGHTS IN ACTION! Thank you Nick and Ellen!
- The campaign to raise funds to have the new meeting space named after Blessed Father McGivney has begun. Please consider donating to this cause which will finally give a permanent home to our Council and raise awareness of Blessed Father McGivney and the works of our Knights of Columbus Council. Donations can be sent to our Financial Secretary, Dave Fink. with checks made payable to “St. Luke Knights of Columbus”.
- Finally, it was with regret that we all heard that our dear friend and supporter, Diane Schafer, was leaving St. Luke for another position in another state. We wanted to show our appreciation to her for all the help and patient support she has given our Council over the years, so we have made a financial gift to Diane and presented it to her this past Sunday. She will be missed!